The Soran University President’s Office is led directly by the President; the office organizes and leads his activities and arranges contact between the President and all administrative units of the university including the faculties and all centers linked to the university. The office is also responsible for collecting necessary data and clarifications for the issue of orders and requests.
1. Organization and preparation of the agenda for the University Council meetings
2. Preparation of the minutes of University Council meetings; distribution of minutes to the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Affairs and other appropriate bodies.
3. Issuing and administering university regulations which are exclusive to the President of Soran University, Vice Presidents, Deans and heads of departments.
4. Communicating with ministers and other institutions of the Kurdistan Region’s Government.
5. Responsible for all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
6. The office is the hub and lead office for all the faculty offices and liaises with the Deans’ offices. The office also responds where necessary to activities of all Deans’ offices. Finally the President’s office, working with the Deans’ offices issue and administrate orders for the inauguration and resignation of Deans and heads of departments and it also facilitates the formation of the necessary committees.
7. The office undertakes all work required by the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, including general requests, issuing university regulations or forming committees.
8. Facilitating all meetings between the President of the university and people from within the university and external visitors.
9. Organizing the President’s timetable of visits, meetings and conferences.
10. The office takes care of any other duties required by the President of Soran University.
The Office falls into the following departments:
1. Secretarial Department
2. Archive Department
3. Administration and Investigation Department
This department manages the President of the university’s visits and meetings, answers phone calls, replies to emails, and informs the President of these calls and emails. The department also informs the President of the individuals who have asked to meet him and the purpose of these requests. The last responsibility of the department is to revise all the letters that are to be signed by the President.
This department is responsible for storing and recording all documentation, recording all incoming and outgoing documents, archiving them in accordance to their importance and creating a table of contents so they can be retrieved when required.
Administration and Investigation Department: The President’s office records and stores incoming mail and records outgoing mail; it issues and administrates university regulations that are exclusive to the President, Vice Presidents, Deans and heads of departments. Other duties of the department include: facilitating the University Council meetings and sending the minutes to the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, responding to reports of the proceedings of faculty councils and communicating with the appropriate departments within the Kurdistan Regional Government.
Director: Hersh Azez Khurshed
Sunday to Thursday from 8:30 am to 2:45 pm