The faculty of law is made up of one department which is Law Department. The programme is 4-year legal education (full time). It covers both private and public law and also includes 37 modules such as Constitutional Law, Administration Law, Criminal Law, Penal Law and International Law. The department aims to equip students with quality and transferable skills in all stated subjects and to enable them to become useful members for their communities and country.
The objectives of the Department of Law are:
- To supplement the legislative and judicial bodies with specialized legal cadres.
- To develop specialized knowledge in the branches of public law and private law.
- Preparing the necessary cadres to meet the needs of the community, government, organisations and the private sector.
- To supply students an integrated academic environment supporting teaching, learning activities and scientific research in fields of public and private law.
- To organize conferences, symposia and seminars for students and lecturers in the fields of Public and private Law in order to develop and support the educational process and scientific research.